Arts in Saratoga Springs: Dance, Theater, Music and Art
Enjoy New York’s City’s finest ballet company without battling traffic and without incurring the expense of finding a parking spot in Manhattan: The New York City Ballet makes its summer home here in Saratoga Springs at SPAC. The 2014 Ballet season is most exciting. In addition to New York City Ballet SPAC will present Momix and the Bolshoi Ballet from Russia. The Philadelphia also calls SPAC its summer home.
In fact, no matter what type of art you enjoy, whether it’s dance, live theater, live music, paintings, sculpture, and more, you’ll find it here in Saratoga.
Take a look below for links to our local little theater, our opera house, the National Museum of Dance, and more.
The Arts in Saratoga Springs
New Page 1
Street Arts District - A several block area of galleries,
restaurants and specialty shops a couple blocks west of Broadway.
Among the many galleries are:
70 Beekman Gallery and Beekman
Artists Studios. We encourage everyone to just stroll the area
and discover a treasure for yourself.
- Caffe' Lena, Inc.
- Known internationally for acoustic music. Caffe' Lena is proud to be the oldest folk music venue in our country. One can hear the best in
live folk music, blues, traditional and jazz music, in our homey
listening room, as well as storytelling, poetry and theater.
- Local fine arts and crafts in the village of Schuylerville, not far from the Battlefield
- Offers lessons, full repairs, rentals, and one of the best
selections of new & used guitars you will find. They are able fulfill
special orders, and hunt down special requests.
Saratoga Film Forum
- The Saratoga Film Forum is a not-for-profit organization dedicated
to bringing a wide variety of quality films to downtown Saratoga
Springs. Through ongoing collaboration with other local not-for-profit
and for-profit groups, the Film Forum has continually provided
opportunities for a variety of voices in the community to be heard.
Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation
- The Saratoga Springs Preservation Foundation sponsors walking tours of Saratoga architecture and preserved neighborhoods. These tours are both enjoyable and informational.
- The Arts Council is a non-profit arts service organization dedicated
to developing and promoting a thriving year-round cultural environment
in Saratoga County communities with galleries, teaching and performance space on Broadway downtown.
Saratoga Performing Arts Center -
The cultural hub of
upstate New York, the Hudson Valley, Vermont, the Berkshires,
Connecticut, and nearby Canada. SPAC hosts the finest ballet and
orchestra in an acoustically ideal Amphitheatre in the heart of Spa
State Park; presents superior chamber, jazz, rock and pop music,
opera, drama, Pre-Performance Talks, and Saratoga Wine & Food
Festival; and oversees the National Museum of Dance.
- Symmetry specializes in the finest American Contemporary Glass and
selected fine crafts. From fun to functional.
- A century of academic excellence, service, growth, and creative
- Arthur Zankel Music Center at Skidmore College - An outstanding performance and teaching facility with many opportunities throughout the year to enjoy concerts from internationally renowned artists to accomplished students.
- The Urban Cultural Park is located on Broadway in what used to be an old trolly station. The Visitors Center provides information about the history of Saratoga Springs as well as walking tours.
Saratoga NY events, dining, attractions and history are just a short
distance away from our luxurious bed and breakfast. We look forward to sharing our lodging in Saratoga with
you, along with the personal service and ambiance that has made us
one of the most sought-after bed and breakfasts Saratoga Springs has