|A Distinguished Saratoga Springs Bed & Breakfast in the Heart of Downtown||> Washington D.C. Corporate Housing
Visit Saratoga Springs During the SummerWhat’s on your Bucket List? If being in Saratoga during the “Season” (summer) isn’t one of the items on your list, add it.
Why should a visit to Saratoga Springs in summer be on the list of things to do before you die? Let us count (just some of) the reasons:
1. Racing season! Each year from July through Labor Day (or thereabouts), the Saratoga Race Course opens to much hoopla and fun. Thousands of people come from the world over to hear the famous words “And they’re off!”
2. Enjoy fishing, boating, sailing, waterskiing, and more on Saratoga Lake.
3. Try visiting each of Saratoga’s 17 natural springs. No two springs taste exactly alike. Try all and choose your favorite!
4. Enjoy fireworks on the 4th of July.
5. Take your youngsters to the Children’s Museum of Saratoga.
6. Take the aforementioned youngsters for a ride on the circa 1928 Congress Park Carousel.
7. Take a dip in the Victoria Pool and Peerless Pool in Saratoga Spa State Park.
8. Stroll down Beekman Street and enjoy its quirky art district.
Jazz lovers will want to make the trip to enjoy the Freihofer’s Saratoga Jazz Festival in late June or early July. The festival is one of the longest-running jazz events in the world and has featured the likes of Tony Bennett, David Sanborn, Bob James, and other world-renowned jazz musicians and singers.
The Saratoga Performing Arts Center (also known as SPAC) is just bursting with live performances throughout the summer season. Enjoy performances by such luminaries as the Dave Matthews Band, the New York City Ballet, Martha Graham Dance Company, the Philadelphia Orchestra, James Taylor, and so many others. Catch them while you can!
Visit Saratoga in early June to enjoy the Saratago Arts Festival, a five-day celebration of music, the visual arts, dance, film, live theater and literary art.
The Saratoga County Fair takes place every July for about five days. Enjoy tractor pulls, cow shows, beauty pageants, rides, cotton candy, popcorn, hotdogs, lots of rides, fireworks and so much more.
Whether you want to bet on the horses, take a hike in the woods, swim, golf, shop, be pampered in a spa, or eat at some of the best restaurants in the region (if not the country), you can do so in Saratoga in summer. If you need help choosing among the many activities available to you, just ask us for some tips and ideas. We’re happy to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible.
Back to the Four Seasons of Saratoga